Get started using CaseGuard’s most basic form of video redaction: manual mode.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to use the Manual Redaction tool to redact objects by placing shapes directly over them.
- In the lefthand Toolbar, choose Manual Redaction.
- Select Shape, Effect, and Effect Level.
- Draw the shape over your object (face).
- Hit the right arrow on your keyboard to go to the next frame.
- As you click through, drag/drop the shape with your mouse to cover the object (face).
- Resize the shape when necessary.
- When your object (face) disappears from the video, hit Delete on your keyboard or right-click on the shape and select one of the Delete options.
- From the player timeline drag/drop the timeline to the beginning of your work then click to preview your work.
- Click Process from the Shortcuts Bar or from the Task List Panel to process the file.
- Give your new file a name then click “Start Now”.
- Find your new redacted file in the Project Files Panel and play it again for the review.