Pattern Redaction (Regex) lets you easily search and remove words or phrases that match a specific pattern in the text, such as phone numbers, emails, social security numbers, zip codes, or credit card information.
Regular Expression (or Regex for short) is a line of text that recognizes and locates patterns in text.
- Click Pattern/Regular Expression from the left Toolbar.
- Select a pattern from the Pattern dropdown.
- If you can not find the pattern you are looking for, add your own by clicking on the plus sign icon next to the dropdown. and Add New to create a new pattern. The new pattern will be saved and populated in the dropdown for all your future files.
- If you have a reason for this redaction, click on the Select a reason dropdown to choose a pre-made reason or create a new reason.
- You can select the color for each redaction by selecting the Color dropdown and selecting a color before redacting.
- You can click on the Find Next button or Find Previous button to go through each pattern individually and click Redact to redact the chosen selection.
- If you wish to redact all instances of the selected pattern, you can click on Redact All to redact all of the results.