Do you have documents with file names you need to make anonymous? Try using the Anonymize Documents feature in CaseGuard!
The Anonymize Documents function creates a random filename to replace a file’s current name. Additionally, you can add a prefix to each, making it easier to organize the randomized filenames.
When used within the Bulk Processing, the Anonymize Documents function allows the user to Anonymize unlimited documents easily in one operation.
The Bulk Anonymize Documents is particularly useful in situations where you need to eliminate any potential unconscious bias when dealing with a large number of documents. For example, for recruiters this feature could be useful to randomize the names of incoming resumes by replacing them with a number. Additionally, you can use the Bulk Anonymize Documents to add a prefix to organize resumes for different jobs! Each document would have a randomized name and easily be identified as a resume.
Follow the steps to Anonymize file names with the Bulk Anonymization feature!
- Click on the Bulk Processing icon in the Shortcuts Bar at the top of the screen. The Bulk Processing window will appear.
- Click on the Operation dropdown and select “Redact Document” from the list.
- Click “Add Files”; the file explorer will pop up. Select the files you wish to process and click “Open.”
- Click the “Redact Document Settings.” A Redact Document checklist will appear.
- Select the “Anonymize Documents” checkbox.
- Enter a prefix in the “Prefix” text field if you would like to organize randomized filenames easier.
- Check the “Add anonymized files name…” checkbox to have the anonymized filenames at the top of each document.
- Click “Apply.”
- To automatically export all files processed after starting the Bulk Redaction, check the “When checked, the system will apply the results for each individual file.“ If users would like to review their work before exporting, leave the checkbox unchecked.
- Click “Start” in the bottom right of the Bulk Processing window to begin processing files.
- The CaseGuard Scheduled Tasks window will appear. Each document added to the Bulk Redaction window will be processed, and their progress will be displayed.
- Files processed will then be added to the Project Files panel on the upper-right corner of the screen.