The Watcher’s Template Redaction function uses previously created templates to redact text in your documents effortlessly. Using Template redaction expedites redaction projects that require the redaction of large amounts of documents formatted the same way.
The first step to using The Watcher’s Template Redaction is to set the operation as ‘Template Redaction‘ and apply your previously created template in CaseGuard. Next, add any documents you would like PII redacted from. The Watcher will apply the redactions exactly as they appear on your template to all the documents you add to the Watcher.
For our users in the Medical Industry, the Watcher Template Redaction has proven to be a game changer! When dealing with hundreds of medical forms that follow the same format, medical offices use CaseGuard’s Watcher to redact all their files in minutes. For example, if there is a need to redact all names, social security numbers, and addresses from 3000 patient record forms, creating a template of all this information redacted on one file and then applying it to the rest can save hours in repetitive redaction. It’s the fastest and most cost-efficient way of redacting!
For those who prefer visual learning this YouTube video will help you set up Template Redaction in The Watcher.
Follow the steps to Apply Template Redaction in Watcher!
- Click the “Watcher” tab on the right side of the screen. Click to pin the Watcher tab.
- Click Add Folder to Watch icon to set up the Watcher.
- The CaseGuard Watcher window will pop up.
- Add a Watcher Name.
- Click “Browse” to add a folder to watch. This is the folder where all documents that need to be redacted will be input.
- Click “Browse” to add an Output folder. This folder will contain all exported files after the Watcher processes and redacts the documents from the Watch folder.
- To save history files of your operations in your Output folder, Select the “Keep history files for manual review” checkbox.
- In the Operation dropdown, select “Redact Document.“
- Once the Watcher is set up, click “Add” and select the “Perform Template PDF Redaction” checkbox
- Click on the “Template” dropdown and select a template you would like to use in this Watcher. Additionally, to create a new template, follow the steps in the Template PDF article.
- Click “Apply” then “Save.”
- Your Watcher should now appear in the Watcher tab.
- Under the Watcher progress bar, you have the option to open the settings , delete , or pause the Watcher.
- The settings icon will open up the Watcher window.
- Delete will completely delete the selected Watcher.
- Pause will pause the Watcher operation.
- The process will begin automatically if your files are already in the watch folder, otherwise, click the “Open Input Folder” icon and insert the files you wish to be processed.
- Once complete, your files should be redacted based on your template and exported to your output folder. You can access your output folder by clicking “Open Output Folder” in the Watcher.
Let’s see it in Action!