The Template Document Redaction function within Bulk Processing allows users to redact information in a target location throughout unlimited documents- using a pre-defined template. The key to performing Template Documents Redaction is to redact words or phrases in a specific location throughout large number of documents.
The Template Redaction feature in Bulk Processing is particularly useful for forms or reports that have a consistent format, such as Medical form. User would redact Personally Identifiable Information (PII) such as “Name,” “Emails,” and “Phone numbers” from one form. By applying redaction to one Medical form and saving it as a template, users can apply this “Medical form template” using the Bulk PDF Redaction on thousands of the same medical forms with minimal manual work.
This saves time and ensures that the redactions are consistent and accurate across all documents. Additionally that template is saved forever- to be used again on Medical forms with the same format.
Follow the steps to Redact Documents using Template PDF Redaction
- Click on the Bulk Processing Icon in the Shortcuts Bar at the top of the screen. The Bulk Processing window will appear.
- Click on the Operation dropdown and select “Redact Document” from the list.
- Click “Add Files”; the file explorer will pop up. Select the files you wish to redact, then click “Open.”
- Click on “Redact Document Settings”. A Redact Document checklist will appear.
- Select the “Perform Template PDF Redaction” checkbox.
- Select a previously created template from the Template dropdown.
- Click “Apply.”
- To automatically export all files processed after starting the Bulk Redaction, check the “When checked, the system will apply the results for each individual file.“ If users would like to review their work before exporting, leave the checkbox unchecked.
- Click “Start” in the bottom-right corner of the Bulk Processing window to begin processing files.
- The CaseGuard Scheduled Tasks window will appear. Each document added to the Bulk Redaction window will be processed, and their progress will be displayed.
- Files processed will then be added to the Project Files panel on the upper-right corner of the screen.