The Find & Redact feature allows users to Search and Redact specific words, phrases, patterns, and PII (personally identifiable information) from any number of documents.
Users can create a list of targeted words based on their redaction needs using the “Analytics” feature in CaseGuard Studio. Once the list is created, they can apply it to any document in the future.
The Bulk Find & Redact will let you apply your saved list of Analytics on unlimited documents- all at once!
This feature is particularly useful for organizations that handle sensitive information such as healthcare, law enforcement, and legal firms. If your Organization has 300 medical forms, and 500 applications to redact PII from, you can apply an “Analytics list” which includes “Emails, Phone Numbers”, and “Names” within the Bulk Find & Redact feature. The system will automatically search and redact these three types of PII within all 800 forms- without any manual work.
This feature is a great asset for anyone seeking to redact a large volume of documents at once, as it significantly streamlines the entire redaction process.
Follow the steps to Redact Documents using the Find & Redact feature!
- Click on the Bulk Processing icon in the Shortcuts Bar at the top of the screen. The Bulk Processing window will appear.
- Click on the Operation dropdown and select “Redact Document” from the list.
- Click the “Add Files” button; the file explorer will pop up. Select the files you wish to redact, then click “Open.”
- Click on “Redact Document Settings.” A Redact Document checklist will appear.
- Select the “Perform Find & Redact” checkbox.
- Select a previously made Analytics list or click the “create a new one” button to create a new list.
- Click “Apply.”
- To automatically export all files processed after starting the Bulk Redaction, check the “When checked, the system will apply the results for each individual file.“ If users would like to review their work before exporting, leave the checkbox unchecked.
- Click “Start” in the bottom-right corner of the Bulk Processing window to begin processing files.
- The CaseGuard Scheduled Tasks window will appear. Each document added to the Bulk Redaction window will be processed, and their progress will be displayed.
- Files processed will then be added to the Project Files panel on the upper-right corner of the screen