Learn how to automatically redact audio files using CaseGuard Studio in only a few simple steps. When redacting audio files, you can remove personal information from your recording automatically through our Automatic Transcription feature. To begin:
- Click on the “Transcription” tab within the right-hand section of the software. Next, click the Pin icon within the right-hand corner of the Transcription Panel to pin the panel to your workspace.
- Click the Auto-Transcribe button within the panel. This will then open the Automatic Transcription pop-up window.
- Select the Spoken Language within your file, and the Number of Speakers that are talking. Optionally you can also select Detect & Transcribe Multiple Languages, if applicable. Moreover, select yes within the Speaker Identification drop-down menu if you would like the software to differentiate between the people that are speaking within your file.
- Click the Transcribe button to begin the process. When the process is done, you will be able to see all of the words that have been detected and transcribed within the Transcription panel.
- To automatically redact these words, click on the Analytics tab within the Transcription panel. Within this panel, you can see each word within a specific category that was detected during the transcription process (name, phone number, address, date/time, etc).
- To redact a specific word, hover over it with your mouse and click on the Mute or Bleep button to apply an audio redaction effect to that portion of the file. You can also click the Go to Position button to see the exact portion of your audio file in which a specific word was spoken, and click on the Delete button if the wrong word or phrase has been picked up mistakenly.
- Conversely, if you want to redact all of the personal information that was detected during the transcription button, you can choose to apply the Mute, Bleep, or Change Voice effect to all of these words and phrases by clicking the appropriate button at the top of the “Analytics” panel. Should you want to delete these analytics, you can also do so by clicking the Delete All Analytics button at the bottom of the panel.
- Once you have automatically redacted the words from your audio file, click on the Export button in the right-hand corner of the software. This will then open the Export Options pop-up window.
- Give your newly redacted file a name, and click the Export button to initiate the process. Once the process has been completed, click on your redacted file within the Project Files panel, and listen to your file within the media player by pressing the play button.