The Watcher’s Convert Files operation automatically converts any file into PDF automatically. Once the Watcher’s operation is set up to “Convert Files to PDF,” there is no limit to the number of documents that can be added within the Watcher to be converted. Everything happens automatically, without any manual work.
How does it work? The Watcher is made to “watch” a specific folder or directory within your machine. Setting a folder as the folder to be watched, you can continue to add your files into the folder and CaseGuard will convert them and export them into a new folder when it is ready!
Within CaseGuard, it is possible to convert hundreds of documents, and redact PII, and images from all your documents in one Watcher Operation! For example, you can set one Watcher to Redact Documents and Convert Files to PDF. When you add files such as Resumes or medical forms into the Watch folder that contain PII such as Names, Emails, Phone Numbers, and identifying images, the system will convert each file into a PDF and redact all the set criteria.
Follow the steps to Convert Files to PDF in Watcher!
- Click the “Watcher” icon on the right side of the screen to pin the Watcher.
- Click the “Add Folder to Watch” icon to set up the Watcher.
- The CaseGuard Watcher window will pop up.
- Add a Watcher Name.
- Click “Browse” to add a folder to watch. This is the folder where all documents that need to be redacted will be input.
- Click “Browse” to add an Output folder. This folder will contain all exported files after the Watcher processes and redacts the documents from the Watch folder.
- To save history files of your operations in your Output folder, Select the “Keep history files for manual review” checkbox.
- In the Operation dropdown, select “Convert Files to PDF.”
- Click “Add” then “Save.”
- Your Watcher should now appear in the Watcher panel.
- Under the Watcher progress bar, you have the option to open the settings , delete , or pause the Watcher.
- The settings icon will open up the Watcher window.
- Delete will completely delete the selected Watcher.
- Pause will pause the Watcher operation.
- The process will begin automatically if your files are already in the watch folder, otherwise, click the “Open Input Folder” icon and insert the files you wish to be converted.
- Once complete, your files should be converted to PDF and exported to your output folder. You can access your output folder by clicking “Open Output Folder” in the Watcher.
Let’s see it in Action!