In this role, you’ll own the technical side of the entire project lifecycle starting on the ground floor by helping define the technical components of a standard project methodology to serve as the baseline for projects to follow. You’ll apply your business and technical knowledge in the development of project tools, and will partner with our project management teams on the delivery and implementation of the solutions. Key activities that will ensure client and project success include:
- Work with project management to clarify/refine/elaborate requirements for the overall project methodology
- Work with product management to inform requirements, applicability, and quality of developed tools
- Serve as disciplinary expert for configuration aspects and related current web development technologies (though individuals may specialize in a particular area)
- Stay informed of latest Web development technologies, best practices and developments in the nonprofit sector
- Orchestrate the discovery, strategic planning, and decision-making activities that serve as the foundation for effective technical design: soliciting requirements from clients, conducting research, documenting solutions, and building consensus around recommendations
- Create actionable documentation, such as delivery plans, used to frame client decision-making and set the implementation process up for success
- Execute to the implementation plan or consult with the implementation teams to ensure successful realization of the documented solutions, both meeting CaseGuard implementation standards and the client-approved requirements
- Develop and maintain a set of technical best practices and standards while designing new techniques for broader team use to gain efficiencies.
- Strategically assisting with sales and scoping advanced technical engagements
- Work with technical staff, project management, products, and technical writers to define requirements for project documentation
- Provide regular updates and reporting to department leaders
The successful candidate will have a record of delivering multiple concurrent projects with a focus on maximizing client value. Specific requirements include:
- 5-7 years of experience in a heavily client facing role
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Web, Internet or networking related development experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in .Net enterprise web application
- Strong ability for analytical and critical thought, an ability to learn technical concepts quickly, and a proven track-record designing solutions-oriented approaches for clients.
- Excellent execution and operational capabilities. Known for having command of the details, hands-on, and willingness to roll up their sleeves.
- High degree of autonomy and ability to collaborate across multiple internal and external stakeholder organizations
- Creative and critical thinker with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Good communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to act with empowerment to think innovatively and creatively on ways to provide clients solutions and improve CaseGuard processes.